Thursday, June 2, 2011

30 Day Shred Day 3 Level 1


I have now completed three days on level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred. My body is sore in places I didn't know could get sore!

I do my workout in my sons' room and it has to be the hottest room in the house, even with the air conditioner on. I have no idea why. But, by the time my 30 minutes is up and I come out, I am sweating like a pig. Whoever said that women only glow is out of their mind. I SWEAT!

Some of the exercises have been getting a little easier. By easier, I guess I mean that I can do more of them in the 30-second or so circuits now. But, my calves have been screaming and so have my shoulders. The ab-work isn't all that hard for me. Even though you probably couldn't find my abs if you tried right now. I am still able to do crunches correctly.
Now, lunges... that is another story. Wow, do they hurt!

BUT, I am pushing past all that and continuing on. I know that eventually it will start getting easier. Hopefully before I start level 2!

I have been contemplating taking more before pics. The ones I have are pretty 'clothed' compared to some of the before pics I've been looking at. However, I tried on a bikini the other day and was NOT happy with the image in the mirror - and I could only see myself from the waist up! Sigh. I suppose that is the whole purpose, though, right? To be able to see the progression from your scary before pics?

I've been sticking to my diet and water intake goals. Staying under my allotted calories and drinking at least 12 8 oz. glasses of water per day. It seems that my tastes have been changing a bit. I can now detect salt in the smallest amounts and my body just refuses to let it past my lips. Even in things with no added salt. I tried to eat a premade hamburger patty the other day and it tasted so salty that I had to spit it out and throw it away. And it was something I would never have noticed before. I am getting that with the fattier foods and sugarier foods as well. Which is all good. If I don't like the foods that are the worst for me it makes it much easier to not eat them!

I have felt a little weird lately, since I have been so active. When I get up in the morning and throughout the day, I feel ... well... hot. Kind of like I am running a fever, but I'm not. I'm not sure what it is, but I tell myself that it could possibly be my body burning up calories and I'm just not used to it since my body has had such a long restful period for the last few years and didn't need to warm up to do anything! If any of you know what I'm talking about, fill me in, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment