Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Slimmer This Summer - Day 2

Day 2 is almost complete for the Slimmer This Summer Challenge! I got up and did my 30 Day Shred early today instead of after 9pm like usual. I have to admit, that it did help with my energy level all day. I actually didn't have access to a DVD player, so since I already have level 1 memorized, I just locked myself in a room and went at it hard. It went so much better! I timed my circuits and counted my reps and ended up working out longer and harder than I would have listening to the DVD. Of course, I start level 2 in two days, so I will be back to watching the DVD till I have that level memorized. I am also going to do 20 minutes of stretching exercises before bed. I'm hoping that will help with my Restless Leg (BODY!) Syndrome. On that note, I've begun taking Potassium and Magnesium every day as well as taking 6mg of Melatonin at bedtime.

Today was errand day.. well... one of them. And we ate out at the Chinese Restaurant. I still managed to stay within my calorie range, so I'm pretty happy about that. I think there may have been extra salt in what is listed though, because I feel awfully 'puffy' tonight.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. Grocery shopping - I'm trying to plan the next week or two's meals and snacks to better stay within my ranges. Fishing / Swimming / Hiking with the family and The Man wants to go night fishing after that, just me and him. Dear Lord, give me energy and strength!



2 comments:

  1. I am gonna have to get that dvd I guess. I don't know one person who has ever bad mouthed it. I keep threatening but the money just never quite makes it to the wallet nowadays. Glad you were able to go to a chinese restaurant and stay in bounds. I have not tried that yet since I started last july. I do ok with pizza when I want to and that is huge, but the chinese buffet is one test I haven't taken yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice with the exercise, I've thought about getting it too but it scares me. :-)

    I gotta stay away from the chinese restaurants. I wouldn't do well with that, glad you did good. Just drink a lot of water and you'll get rid of that extra salt.

    ReplyDelete